Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit


"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

I attended a company retreat where we were all instructed to right a mission statement. Many people chose to seek fortune, a good life, success in their achievements ... worldly ambition with good intentions. In one of the most fortunate moves in my life, I chose to seek the fruit of the Spirit as my mission statement, my goal. I haven't always achieved this goal ... hamartia in Greek (missing the mark, or sin)... but it is the goal that brings me back to my faith and the truth life has to offer to those that believe Christ is our Savior. The Holy Spirit leads us into bearing this fruit into not only our lives, but the lives of people we touch. We all have the capacity to let the Holy Spirit dwell in us to bear this fruit!

I encourage each of you to write a mission statement and put it on your wall. Every day, look at it. Be inspired by it ... be sure to make it a statement that will help you focus on Christ, the Anointed One, as your advocate and deliverer! As David mentions in the Psalms, we have a loving and faithful God who loves us; He is our Good Sheperd, our Rock and our Provider!

Read Psalms 23 and 2 Corinthians 6:6, Ephesians 4:2, Colossians 3:12-17 for more illumination.

1 comment: