Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Crucified with Christ

"I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." Galatians 2:20

I do not feel I am a worthy advocate for Christ; I have sin still couched at my doorstep, and I sin or miss the mark (hamartia in Greek, an archery term). As Paul said, "For the good that I wish, I do not do; but I practice the very evil that I do not wish," Romans 7:19. Herein lies the conflict of the spiritual and natural realms.

The evil (kakon in Greek) makes us retreat in battle (jobs, society, mates, etc.) and sin (hamartia) is the result. Getting a bull's eye (truth) is the desired goal. Alēthēs/Alēthinos (adjectives indicating the type of content), alētheuō (the verb which indicates the action of dealing truly with), and alētheia (the noun that is the reality and essence of the matter) are the Greek words that portray hitting the bull's eye, or being true to the fact! Only Jesus Christ has hit the bull's eye!

Hitting the bull's eye is difficult when past training teaches us to rely on worldly goals, activities and actions (that continually change) for us to do our best; I know I'm not perfect. I have wonderful parents that trained me up to look for truth, to do "what is right" and doing it to the best of my ability. Yet, Jesus is the only person that has achieved that perfection. So now, I no longer need to rely upon my own strengths that continually let me down; I just don't know enough of the future to make all the right decisions ... except for one. I believe that God is in control! He sent His Son, Jesus Christ (who lives in us) who hit the mark for all of us! He does for all of us! Believe this one truth, and you will always have two-way access to Him!

Read John 3:33-36, Romans 7:14-25, 1Thessalonians 1:9-10 for more illumination

No comments:

Post a Comment